MADL Preparedness Plan
In order to implement the Preparedness and Response Plan effectively, MADL is reopening in phases.
During Phase 1, MADL branches remain closed to the public. As MADL staff return to the branches, they are answering phone calls and preparing the building to meet CDC guidelines for re-opening. Please continue to make use of MADL's digital resources at this time. The following branches are staffed from 9:00am - 5:00pm on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and from 11:00am to 7:00pm on Wednesdays:
- Dalton Branch
- Egelston Branch
- Holton Branch
- Library for the Visually and Physically Disabled
- Montague Branch
- Muskegon Heights Branch
- Muskegon Township Branch
- North Muskegon Branch
- Norton Shores Branch
- Ravenna Branch
During Phase 1, MADL is opening book drops for patrons to return materials. Items returning to the Muskegon Heights Branch can be placed in the lobby. Items that are returned will be held in quarantine for four days to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. To accommodate this quarantine period, all fines on Lakeland Library Cooperative materials have been suspended until September 1, 2021.
Because of the quarantine, you may receive a renewal or overdue notice after you have returned your items. Your items will be checked in after the four days have passed. You will not accrue fines during this time period.
During Phase 2, MADL is implementing a curbside pickup option for holds. Computers are available for use by appointment only.
Rules and Guidelines
- You must have received notice or a call from branch staff that your requested items are available for curbside pickup.
- Pickups will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. There is a limit of twenty (20) items per card that may be picked up at one time and one (1) pickup per day per patron. You may pick up items on multiple cards, as long as the total number of items is 20 or less per card.
- Curbside service may not available during periods of inclement weather. Please contact your branch.
For the safety of patrons and staff, the library staff will ONLY accept Hotspots and Launchpads being returned to the library on the curbside pick-up table. All other returns must be made through the drop box.
Curbside Pickup for Patrons Step-by-Step
- Place item(s) on hold as you normally would. You may use our online catalog or call the library to request an item to be placed on hold for you.
- When you receive a notice that your hold is ready for pickup, come to the library to collect your materials. When you arrive, park in the parking lot, then call the branch phone number to let the staff know you’ve arrived. You will be asked for your library card number, and the make, model, and color of your vehicle. If you need special accommodations, please let the staff know when you call.
- Staff will place your order on the table. Remain in your vehicle until the staff returns inside the building. Once the staff has returned inside the library building, you may then pick up your items.
- If you receive your notifications through Shoutbomb text alerts, please call the branch to schedule a pickup instead of texting.
Please call your local MADL branch to schedule computer time. All use is limited to 1-hour per day per patron.
During Phase 3, MADL branches open in a limited fashion to the public. CDC guidelines will be enforced to ensure the safety of patrons and staff including but not limited to limited occupancy, social distancing, and PPE.
Programs will be conducted online in order to maintain CDC safety standards.
During Phase 4, MADL returns to full service.
The latest updates on the re-opening time table will be posted here and on MADL's social media pages as it becomes available.