Coronavirus: Updates and Information You Can Trust
In response to COVID-19, Muskegon Area District Library is taking several steps to protect our staff and the general public – in particular the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who work and volunteer for the library.
In the interest of mitigating the impact of the virus, the library is closed to lthe public until further notice.
The situation will be closely monitored and we are exploring alternate ways to continue providing service. We will continue to publish on this page and social media any further impacts to the library system as a result of coronavirus.
Library Service Updates
Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
- Library branches are closed to the public until further notice.
- Programs and outreach visits are cancelled.
- Circulation of physical materials from the MEL collection has been suspended.
- Homebound Service has been suspended.
- ALL MADL BOOK RETURNS ARE CLOSED. Please keep your materials until the library reopens. Due dates for all physical materials have been extended until April 30th.
- All holds will remiain on the holdshelf until the libraries reopen.
Use MADL Online
In the meantime, Muskegon Area District Library continues to provide many digital services available to you remotely and for free, such as eBooks and eAudiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. These are all available online:
Don't have a library card? Can't log in with your current card? Muskegon Area District Library can help you get a new, temporary library card or renew an expired library card over the phone. Call the administration office at (231) 737-6248 Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm to receive assistance.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this developing situation.
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local, state and national agencies below.
Muskegon County Health Department
- Summary and Updates
- About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Information for Travelers
- News on COVID-19
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Information for Laboratories
- Information for Public Health Professionals
Free Virtual COVID-19 Screening
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- News and FAQ's
- Resources and guidance for:
Coronavirus Fact Sheets (Michigan Department for Health & Human Services)