In response to COVID-19, Muskegon Area District Library is taking several steps to protect our staff and the general public. In the interest of mitigating the impact of the virus, the library will begin to reopen in phases.The situation will be closely monitored and we are exploring alternate ways to continue providing service. We will continue to publish on this page and social media any further impacts to the library system as a result of coronavirus.
Library Service Updates
Monday, July 13th, 2020
- Face Masks required insides libraries.
- All library branch locations are open with limited access and hours. Curbside pickup is available and encouraged.
- All MADL branches are now accepting returns.
- All library hours will be 9am-5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 11am-7pm Wednesdays. Muskegon Township will only be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Please do not return hotspots and Launchpads in book drops at this time.
- All fines on Lakeland Library Cooperative materials have been suspended until November 1, 2020.
Use MADL Online
In the meantime, Muskegon Area District Library continues to provide many digital services available to you remotely and for free, such as eBooks and eAudiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. These are all available online:
Don't have a library card? Can't log in with your current card? Muskegon Area District Library can help you get a new, temporary library card or renew an expired library card over the phone. Fill out a contact form on the CONTACT MADL page to get assistance.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this developing situation.
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local, state and national agencies below.
Muskegon County Health Department
- Summary and Updates
- About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Information for Travelers
- News on COVID-19
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Information for Laboratories
- Information for Public Health Professionals
Free Virtual COVID-19 Screening
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- News and FAQ's
- Resources and guidance for:
Coronavirus Fact Sheets (Michigan Department for Health & Human Services)