Loan Periods and Fees
- Most materials are loaned for three weeks. DVDs, blu-rays, and magazines are loaned for one week. Most materials may be renewed twice, provided that they are not on hold for another patron.
- Unpaid charges of $10.00 or more will result in loss of borrowing privileges. Accumulated unpaid charges of $40.00 or more may be referred to a collection agency.
- No fines will accumulate on MADL materials, but the patron will be billed for the cost of the item if is not returned.
- Since you are responsible for all items borrowed with your card if it is lost or stolen, please notify us as soon as possible. There is a $2.00 charge for a replacement library card.
- Muskegon Area District Library does not accept replacement copies in exchanged for lost or damaged materials.
- Library internet terminals are filtered. To use the public access computers you will need a library card and agree to conform to the library's Internet Use Policy. Public access computers are set to shutdown 15 minutes before the branch closes. Wireless Internet access is available.
- Printing from public computers costs $.15 per page for black and white copies and $.75 for color copies.
ConfidentialityTransactions between you and the Library are confidential as provided by law.